Around the hotel
Rich historical heritage comming from the roman times to our days, the city of Plombières-les-Bains offers the discovery of exceptional sites as:
- The baths and the roman remains of roman-spa center Calodae, all listed Historical Monument.
- The Thermes Napoléon that you can visit by going to the Grand Hôtel (afternoons, mornings are reserved to care and curists).
- Craftsman in wrought iron balconies from the nineteenth century that gave to the city the name of City of thousand balconies (Ville aux Mille Balcons).
At Plombières-les-Bains, also known as the Antiquarian City (Ville des Antiquaires), takes place a Flea Market and a Secondhand market on first sundays of each month.
The Miniature Park of Plombières-les-Bains (open from April to November)
In April 2012, the city of Plombières-les-Bains opened a 6000m2
park with more than 24 models of architectural sites from the regions of Alsace, Lorraine and Franche-Comté. This extraordinary collection of regional monuments made in polyurethane resin to scale 1/50 to 1/10, has recently welcome a model of our wellknown Thermes Napoléon.
The other activities in Plombières:
- Louis Français museum located inside the house of François-Louis Français (1814-1897) painter, landscaper of the Barbizon School, and pupil of Corot.
- The Casino is 300 meters away.
- The external swimming pool in the Parc Tivoli (Closed),
- Trails for hiking and mountain biking.
The City of the Image in Epinal (24km)
The museum of image and imaging of Epinal its located in the same site called Cité de l'Image, which annually hosts more than 200 000 visitors.
The museum of image invites young and old alike to discover the history of the image from seventeenth century to nowdays. It gathered a unique collection of popular imagery and contemporary artworks. It also offers temporary exhibitions during the whole year.
Right next to Museum of Image, the ancient Pellerin Imagery, built in nineteenth century and listed Historical Monument since 1986, took the name of Epinal Imagery. The establishment located in the premises of the former imagery Pellerin still houses the workshops. The engines and tools allowed to discover via a guided tour the old image production techniques - Gutenberg press, block print, color stencil, lithography...
Today, the Epinal Imagery continues to produce images as in the past. Ten different and complementary artists creats new images on topics as diversified as "The piano", " France Team, Football World Champion" or "Cyrano de Bergerac"
Did you know?
The firsts images series of Epinal were printed at Pellerin Imagerie, founded in 1796 by Jean-Charles Pellerin.
The Stones Cave, site listed Historical Monument, counts over 6 897 litographic stones.