Dating back to the XV Century the Château Golf des Sept Tours was once a fief of Chateau la Valliere, the neighbouring village to the Château.
The original manor behind three towers, was then the Château du Vivier which was transformed by numerous owners in the nineteenth century, a sumptuous residence accumulating references to the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Five hundred years later, it still gives us a beautiful example of Gothic architecture from the last century.
The transformations of the nineteenth to the present day
The land registry of 1810 shows a group of buildings with the primary one flanked by three towers, surrounded on all sides by wide moats with water, in the west a large orchard.
An Englishman, Sir Thomas Holland extended the southern part of the Château with two large towers crowned with false battlements between 1816 and 1822. In the middle of this century, archives attest to the construction of stables between two wings housing a chapel on one side, and the other named a "Kennel" which also included a bakery and bedrooms. The last two towers on the north are simpler and more slender, they were built by the Count and Countess de Brissac before 1852.
The main room with an open fireplace and a wide stone staircase is dated back to the XV century. Today it is the Chateau’s reception area, the chimney has been restored to its original design and the original stone staircase leads guests to their rooms.
What is now called L'Orangerie replaced the stables; horse’s heads are a reminder of the original function of the building. The Pillars and heavy doors of the two entrances are vintage! Upon entering the Club House today, you are struck by the grandeur of classical triangular pediment that dressed the Nave of the chapel, its altar since transferred to the Chateau’s bar area.
+33(0)2 47 24 69 75 Cost according to the current pricing